Brand or Die!

A Small Business Survival Guide

My Review of Blackberry's Official Twitter App

  • Posted: 7:39 AM
  • |
  • Author: Mikal J. Caldwell


Okay, for those that know me, you know I am a recent Blackberry convert. I have officially drunk the kool-aid and become a member of the Crackberry Nation. So when I heard a while back that RIM was developing an official app for Twitter, I was elated and waited anxiously for its release.


Now it's finally here. And the result? Well, it depends...


First the good. The app has a feature-rich, robust interface that gives the user the most Twitter-like experience available. All of the usual Twitter features are available, just like the Twitter site, including lists. The cool thing about the way the app is built is it is very easy to navigate. The layout makes it very intuitive for a Blackberry power user. All in all, it's an awesome app!


The only downside is really based on how you use Twitter. If you're working with only one Twitter account, then you're set. But if you're like me, and managing several Twitter accounts, then it can be awkward to log out and log back in to update multiple accounts. It's in this way that it's "just like real Twitter" attributes become liabilities for me. I would have preferred that it include multiple account management features like UberTwitter. While that's the only major downside for me, it's a biggie.


You can download the app online here at Blackberry App World. If you use it, I'd love to know what you think about it too. Add your comments below.

Bookmark and Share










0 people have left comments

Commentors on this Post-